6/8/07

Life - Why do you Blog?

Ok...maybe I have gotten into this whole Blogging thing late (hey, I'm a late bloomer), although I find it very, very addicting. This whole week I have been coming up with may different topics, stories and just life events. I have stayed up late (yes, my abilities and productivity at work has slowly declined this week) but still I find that I need to tell a story everyday. Is there an Bloggin anonymous that you can go to, to get off of this? I had thought that my running addiction was bad, or maybe it is because I am running less, my time when running goes to my blogging and therefore offsets the two. Maybe I'm just a late bloomer in blogging and need to find that I can burn out too easily, maybe I should use my marathoning mental pace and tell myself, slow and steady, pace yourself and you will get the time you need. Although most people are against the whole blogging thing, while I was telling one of my running partners, she stated a very good point..."When you Blog, your just putting yourself out there..." Why do you want to know what people are thinking, saying or even witnessing. Well, maybe I'm just liberal, or maybe I just grew up in a strange way or maybe I'm just crazy, but I like putting myself out there just because well I'm me, I have no clue why other people do, maybe they are crazy as well, but in their own way.

So I came up with many different topics that I still want to incorporate both running and my life (I sound like an American Express commercial) but just to put it out there and to look forward to:

Running:
Post Marathon Depression
Relay Racing
Showing the 80% of skin...
Morning runs vs.. Evening runs
Beating the Heat...
Running Rituals
The Bandana...
The Arm Band...

Life:
Your Fault(s)! - Not everyone is perfect...
What do you do when a baby bird falls from a tree?
What's the stupidest thing you have ever done?
The world of Nudity...
The whole Ipod craze...
What comes around, goes around...
Social life - the world of alcohol
How I write - Dyslexia...

So, to all my fellow runners and friends out there that run with me, watch out, all my conversations with you may strike a good conversational piece for a Blog topic, don't worry too much though, I will try not to include names, although if it's alright with you I will (everything is fair game!). It's a crazy world out there and anything could lead to a good conversation. Please comment on your latest rant or rave about my topics, I do enjoy the community discussion and may change my mind over how I think. Knowledge is power, always live your life to the fullest. Smile and enjoy yourself more!

2 comments:

brunettechicagogal said...

Blogging isn't for everyone. Some people are more private than others. Then there are the put-it-all-out-there (or at least some of it) types like you and me and the rest of our blogger teammates. Sometimes I do wonder if anything I've posted will come back to haunt me. I've learned that writing a draft first is a good idea; if I still feel OK with it later, I'll post it.

nyflygirl said...

I used to keep a private journal, but gave that up quickly. I discovered all the running blogs when I was recovering from my injury and decided to give it a try then. It was a little nerve-racking writing something so public (and I've had to do some censoring at times) but in the end, worth it. I've met quite a few people through this whole blogging thing, received advice and encouragement when I've needed it, and returned the favor.