Well another year has gone and another year is amongst us. What are some new years resolutions in running that I would like to uphold? Well resolutions are more like goals, which can run along the same lines as target points or in less pressured situations you can call this aiming or objective.
But first, here is a recap of the year:
- I PR'ed in about say 5-8 races this year in various distances, very productive.
- 5 marathons (3 marathons in 6 weeks) very tired...never do that again...
- BOSTON qualified: 3 times!!!
- Best Marathon: 3:00:45
- 348 different exercise (1st 6: 172 - last 6: 161)
- 251.21 (hours/min) (1st 6: 116 - last 6: 131)
- 1,759 Miles (1st 6: 816 miles - last 6: 916 miles)
- 136, 001 Calories burned
- Marathon: Well, where else can I go other than at a lower time…Knocking off the 45 seconds, while still taking pictures during a marathon and allowing myself to be called: A sub 3 marathon runner.
- Half-Marathon: Ok, if I can come really close to my PR in my half marathon time during a marathon, I think this time can slowly go down…but which race? All are pretty tough due to the weather, course, or just plain not taking it for serious.
- 10 Mile: Ok…all of my other races my PR times are lower than a sub 7…so why not in the 10 miles? Not a whole lot of chances to do that in my running race schedule to beat my time…so I’ll go for a sub 7 average in a 10 mile race…The Broad Street 10 Miler (although I plan to do that with my friend)
- The Mile: Ok…not in my running plans yet, although I’ll be thinking about breaking my time in the mile. I could not take part in it this year because of one of my marathons got in the way, although maybe this year will be the year!
A new change, where you may find a smarter, less stubborn Brian in the New Year’s? I don’t know (which means no…). We shall only see and find out. Training will be the same as always, I mean if it is going quite well then why fix it…I would like to get 100% better, but I don’t think that will happen anytime soon from New Year’s day till Boston…but who knows.
So, where will I be at during the start of the New Year? Where else other than….well I’ll give you one guess…ok….ready? Ok…Central Park, of course! Where else am I at all the time…especially in the next coming year! Anyways, it’s just fitting I guess that I will be taking part in the Emerald’s midnight run in Central Park. Well at least that is a new change that will be going on from recent years in the past…
Change is good, if you don’t live without change, your day get’s boring and everything becomes too easy. Learning something new each day is good as well…so that’s how I will be ringing in the new year’s…with a bit of change!