8/27/08

Morning 10 Miler…

"We all have dreams. In order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline and effort." JESSE OWENS

Ok…so I planned to wake up early to run this morning, but really did not expect to run 10 miles. 18th street, catching up with the Wednesday morning Flyerville group, which was a party of one in RP, then he left me at Brooklyn Bridge as I continued on my hustle and bustle pace. We chatted as we ran on the east side and as the sun came up. It was a nice morning to run, but I just had to get myself out the door.

As I continued on, I weaved my way through the old fish market, South Street Seaport and the Staten Island Ferry Terminal…I continued on as I passed the Statue of Liberty and the nice breeze that came from the Hudson. I went on the reversal run that we usually do for the Monday group runs, but this was morning and there were a whole lot of ladies out there running. People in business suits going to work as I passed them by, as I wizzing and weaved passed them, I tested my leg for any other kinks or remnants of injury. I also saw JS on the way...but continued on. This is training, hardcore mode from now on...


My hamstring I could feel a little tightness, which usually never happens as though it was a tear or a sprain. I don’t know what it was, but it sure is gone…I ran on the new west side path as I brushed my hand through some sprinklers to get some water on my legs. I was really pushing my legs to gain confidence, but really act as though it was a casual carefree run, keep relaxed and keep calm. Nothing to worry about…just run.

I continued on and did piers to add on some more mileage. Kept the legs cranking as I made my way to 14th and 8th…by this time I knew it would be close to 10 miles as the sun glared into my face and I made my way up to 18th…now, just cross town. I pushed, although I got stopped by many traffic lights here and there and finished my run as my watch beeped…I knew I was close to 10 miles…but it was exactly 10 miles. CRAZY!

10 miles in the morning…yeah start at 6:30ish and end at 7:45ish…one hour and 15 minutes of pure morning run…gets your blood moving and your day going…that is, afterwards I showered and laid naked on my bed for about 10 minutes and napped, before heading to work…

No comments: