9/25/08

Disappointment…

"Running is the classical road to self-consciousness, self-awareness, and self-reliance." NOEL CARROLL

There is a time in your life when you feel broken down…and today was one of those days. For all of you who I have been talking to, I am hampering some injuries. For quite a while, about a year I have been trudging around with some tightness in my calves. They come and go and quickly recede whenever I have a marathon, at the right time and right place.

Although for the strange parts, I have been trying to take some time off since my San Francisco marathon in August. I took some time off then raced then took some time off again…but still no avail. The strange part is when I take time off I often get worse. My body starts to break down as if I had lost momentum and lost some parts. It’s so sad!

I think my body is trying to tell me something.

I tried to go out for a run after work today, changed and got into my running gear. I was set to do a 10 miler from my office place toward the east side (grabbing something from home) and then start my way to the lower loop and back around…14th to 14th. Although when I started out my run, my right knee just started to feel awkward…it was my IT band. I tried running for 2 blocks…then stopped. I didn’t want to risk anything. I rather make things better. I went to the park to stretch. That’s the only thing that will make it feel better and in the end…it will.

My IT band started hurting the week of Reach the Beach and I don’t think doing that race made it any better. Running hard and going out strong really messed up my chances of anything for this next marathon…which is in what? How many days? Oh Jeez! 18 to be exact. Am I ready? We’ll see how we do, just cross this one off my list I guess and wait till next year. Pure disappointment in finishing strong, but I have not been too prepared for this one. I took way too much time off and to be in tip top shape for Hartford is not at all possible.

So guess what? I’m going to try my best, well see what the outcome is in the end.

Just pure disappointing.

1 comment:

constantine said...

I think I read somewhere, in life you win some you lose some. You can always look forward to running a marathon next year.

Keep moving, keep running

http://dailyrunningtips.com