10/14/08

$40 bucks!

"Running is a way of life for me, just like brushing my teeth. If I don't run for a few days, I feel as if something's been stolen from me." JOHN A. KELLEY

So day three of my recovery for a whole month of rest and I need it. I worked on some of the Flyerville newsletter to get it primed and printed before the edited versions come in from JM. I’m going to try to make this as easy and quick of a turn around for JM as possible due the fact that she should enjoy the moments leading up to the marathon and the moments of the marathon…Stress be gone!

I went out with Pean and my gimpy leg was dragging all over the place. Yes, I do have a limp still from not soreness, but form the actual tightness of my legs and IT band. I know, I know it was stupid, although I am very surprised about how well I had done and could not believe how I did that…

Seriously, I am human and now it is rest time. For recovery I still have not drank yet, which is very weird and I am walking with some gimpiness. I drag my leg as I imitate Quazimoto from the Hunchback of Nortre Dame and I walk next to SA.

“Do I embarrass you?” as I walk right next to her…

Umm…yes, get away! Was the only answer that I have heard and then my leg drags…

I end up dragging it some more and then as a crumpled newspaperish feel to my leg dragging on something, I figure that I had dragged over some dog shit or something. I turn over my foot…$20 bucks…what?

Wait a minute, I look over to the side…another $20 was on the floor as well, crumpled. Whaoooh!

Nice…I checked around to see if anyone was around to maybe be an “honest” guy, but there was no one…how did Pean not notice that…she was ahead and then I caught up to her…I told her about my discovery and she thought I was joking…

See…this is all to my gimpiness…

No comments: