11/16/08

Not delivering to the race...

"No matter how old I get, the race remains one of life's most rewarding experiences." GEORGE SHEEHAN

After encountering a long line at TJ’s today, I made it there only about 10-15 minutes after it had opened mind you and the line was pretty much already in the middle of the store. I couldn’t believe it! Sunday’s were my days in which I usually buy my groceries and I had a plan to go up to the race to take pictures of the runners who were running it from my team…oh well!


That plan foiled. Mind you that I could have taken the subway up, but chose not to…because I needed to get my 3 mile up and 3 mile down run in. I could have made it, although I made the stupidest mistake of thinking that the 72nd street transverse was the 79th street transverse and skipped over a few blocks. Mind you that I was not in the best of shape to race up to the park and I tried my best to get up there as fast as I could…but didn’t make it there until about 21 minutes…

I snapped a few pictures of my teammates, saw JT and Lam and chatted with them for a bit and then strolled my way back down toward Time Square and then home. Along the way, I ran and called my parents, sister and friend. I ran and had my cell phone in my ear, trying to multitask and make the most of it. It was chilly, which was such a difference from yesterday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi -- glad you are getting out there and enjoying the runs. When life is crazy, running can be a wonderful constant. Good luck in the Bedford Turkey Trot. Heidi C