12/13/08

Boston Weekend – Alzheimer's Group Run

"To exercise at or near capacity is the best way I know of reaching a true introspective state. If you do it right, it can open all kinds of inner doors." AL OERTER, won Olympic Gold in Discus four times

Woke up this morning at 7am to get ready with AD, who is a great sport in waking up with me to go to a group run that I had been planning on attending. It was cold in the morning and I didn’t know how I was going to make it out and dress appropriately. We made it to our destination, and all I am thinking is why did I promise so many people that I was going to make it out? UH! Why am I up this early? It was good though. I met up with LC, BG and JC...CH went to the pool and literally had her speedo on…as I had joked around while coming up on the bus talking over e-mails about a speedo run in Boston. I had my speedo on underneath my tights and I was ready to go. OK first thing is first, we were goin to be going 12 miles this morning and I wanted AD to be secure and knew that LC was running a short distance as well due to her injury. I kept with LC and AD as I wanted to be reassured that AD was ok and felt comfortable. I also wanted to catch up with LC, as I think she’s a very cool chick and we go back and forth with the whole Boston Red Sox and Yankee’s rivalry, we throw our punches in, but nothing is too brutal.

So we all meet up at the Alzheimer’s headquarters parking lot, we meet up with RL and take a picture and then we are off. We shoot up towards BC as we go backwards along the course of the Boston marathon. Gosh, it really felt good to be back on the course again and Ice had been forming on the roads. So stayed with AD and LC for quite a bit, then as I felt they were meshing, I went ahead to catch the boys. The guys really had a good handle on things as JC, EC, MA, and __ was out there. We talked about upcoming races, to goals to performances, we caught up and chatted. It felt good to be on this team….it was a small group and it is very important now that we can Boston Qualify to retain the numbers within this program. The Boston Chapter is a great group of people and I, along with many other people that are newly getting involved in NYC, will be attempting to gather a great team and pretty much combine the Boston and New York City marathons.

Anyways, after a good cold run, we made it back and our hands and bodies were frozen. We went to Panara bread company and got some good food and hot chocolate to reward our bodies. There we met up with CH and KK? Who were swimming in the pool…but chatted with us as we ate…by the time we were done, it was time for our next destination…the Santa Speedo Run…

No comments: