12/10/08

No Yoga

"Every time I fail I assume I will be a stronger person for it." JOAN BENOIT SAMUELSON

Suppose to go to Yoga tonight, but yoga had to take the back seat and work in the office was the driver of all evils. Oh well...have to finish up what I am doing. 2 warm days and no running, but tomorrow I will be back in action right in time for the cold weather to be back in place. How weird huh? My sister asked me, gosh why don't you run on the warmer days...I told her that it didn't work within my schedule. She asked, what schedule...and then I told her that I don't run every day like she does...although she said to me that she does doubles, but only runs like 3 miles a day...

maybe I should start doing that...hmm....

Every Race Organizer's (and Runner's) Nightmare
On their pre-race course inspection, Race Organizers of the Luton Marathon found a car - upside down - blocking part of the course. Apparently, in the early morning, the vehicle had hit black ice and overturned. Police were brought in, but the combination of ice and location made it difficult to remove the car. The race was initially postponed, but as time dragged on, race organizers realized there would not be enough daylight left to complete a full race and the event was canceled.

4 comments:

Laura said...

I saw that on MarathonGuide and was surprised. I hate to sound insensitive about the poor occupants of the car, but... couldn't the runners have run around the accident?

Trakmaniak said...

Laura! So insensative...would you run around an upside down car? (maybe they were scared about "gas leakage or the car blowing up...yeah...could happen)

what number are you at right now with your marathon list...how many in 2008?

Laura said...

I have marathon number 12/state number 10 coming up this weekend in Honolulu.

Also, I definitely don't post every day - but I make up for it by sometimes posting multiple times in a day when I get inspired :)

Trakmaniak said...

umm...it took me 3 years to do what you have accomplished in 1 year! amazing...gosh you take the cake!