1/1/09

New Year's Resolutions...

"Experience has taught me how important it is to just keep going, focusing on running fast and relaxed. Eventually [pain] passes and the flow returns. It's part of racing." FRANK SHORTER

So last night I was asked about my new year's resolutions. I told HL that I never really liked to make New Year's resolutions because in college people make their New Year's resolutions at the first of January where they would promise to exercise and the gyms would be packed at the beginning of the year and then by February, the gyms would be free as a bird. People make false promises to themselves and that is what I hate. I told HL that this is the reason why I don't make New Year's Resolutions...

If I was to make a New Year's resolution in 2009, these are the things I would make:1) 2009 in 2009 - ES and I have made a bet in 2009 where he had reached 2008 miles in 2008. Mind you that I have yet to even run over 1500 miles in any year that I have started running longer distances. So even running more than 1500 miles will be a challenge. So reaching 2009 will be quite the effort.

2) Other activities: Different activities other than running. May this be camping, hiking, cycling or any other sport other than running, I need to find another activity to excel in or do in my free time.

3) Architecture: I fully have not embraced my architecture skills due to just working a 9-5 job. You work and are exhausted of working, so why do you want to continue doing architecture after your job? I need to start taking the appropriate measures to start studying for my exams in LEEDS, my regular examinations and paperwork for filing and other effects to enhance my outlook and prepare myself for the future.

4) Be a better person: there are many aspects of my own personality that makes you the way you are. Temper, hot headed, and nervousness are just personal characteristics that people have. With me, I would try to be more carefree, learn to live your life to the fullest, understand yourself a little better, and try to learn how to be more relaxed and learn to love.

With resolutions, anything can happen. Goals are goals and I try not to be so hypocritical in many ways. Don't make promises that you cannot keep and these are the things that I try to avoid.

No comments: