1/17/09

Visiting grandma

"Keep your dream in front of you. Never let it go regardless of how farfetched it might seem." HAL HIGDON, Marathoning A to Z

Woke up saturday morning rather early to go to jersey to accomplish three things: visiting my parents and grandma, getting tux fitted for my cousin's wedding in march, which I am the best man for...so I had to clear out my running schedule for this special event (he definately made sure that I would not sign up for any marathons during his wedding) and bowling...a random sport in which my cousin and I take very seriously...

Anyways, it was seriously really cold in the morning...colder than yesterday, which is hard to believe when I got out the door. Got to the subway and expected to wait for a while which I factored into my travel time. Although, the subway was waiting for me right when I got there, the bus was there right when I got there and I was early by an hour. I called my parents to pick me up, there I would have a bit of time to catch up with them before they left for work at the restaurant. They left and I sat with my grandma talking to her from time to time as she had asked who I was for about r consecutive times...it's bad, but this was a good day. I then studied the pictures on the coffee table...they were pictures of my other cousins who had gotten married already that both of my grandparents were at. It saddens me a little now that my grandfather has passed that he and my other grandfather will not be there for the genuine tea ceremonys...and tears started rolling down my eyes when I even though about my grandma not making it. It's scary, sad...but that is life. As my grandma slowly slumpped into a slumber, I just stared at her. Just thinking all of the things in my mind with her in my life. Making the moments and the memories that are with me.

My cousin came in, as he woke up my grandma, he talked to her a bit and then we were on our way to the tux's...which I had bought a special surprise for the awards gala.

My cousin and I did other chores and then went to go bowl. Mind you that my cousin said he never wins on the first game, so I had to prove him correct and win...I took the first two games and let him win the second...ok...not really, but 2 of 3 usually wins against the both of us. I think I am up something like 3-1 or 4-2...something like that with a margin of 2 games...

power vs percision...

After that I left to go home and back into the city...

No comments: