2/13/09

NYRR jipping me?

"There's nothing quite like your first marathon. The adrenaline just flows." SISTER MARION IRVINE
So I am checking over my balance statements for the month in my credit card bill and I look over to check what was charged from NYRR? That’s weird, I only signed up for one race so far this year…or maybe I didn’t? I have no clue…
I look over and see that the charge was for $30…hmm…did I sign up for two races? I quickly think I was charged for the Empire State building run up, which the amount was $30….hmm…quickly write JC an e-mail that works at NYRR…
JC,
I think you had notified me that I was not in the Empire State Building Run up this year, although I wanted the NYRR to know that I was charged for this under my American Express bill.
I had not received any notification that I was chosen or not, so I had e-mailed to get notification 2 weeks before the event.
Maybe since I was charged, I was accepted? Please refund me. Thanks.
Her response…
We had a small technical problem
I do not have access to our database
We hope to have this fixed during the weekend
I will respond to your email at that time
Please do not re-register if you are awaiting a race confirmation
We do apologize for the inconvenience
I will contact you as quickly as possible.
Then while writing this, I quickly remembered maybe signing up for two races:
Coogan’s and the Scotland run…
Although, I did not receive anything from the NYRR, where usually they send you an e-mail that I usually keep until the event is done.

I quickly respond to JC…
Hey JC...
Sorry, but maybe I may have gotten this incorrectly.
I had signed up for two races lately:
The Coogans and the scotland race...which may have led my dollar amount to $30...
But I did not receive a notice from the NYRR in any of my e-mails. I usually save these for record keeping, then after the race is over, i usually toss them...
But I don't have this in my records. Can you please check, resend the e-mail notificiation if this is was the charge.
Thanks so much...sorry for my mistake!

Oh my bad! Completely my bad with this one…I am losing my mind lately…
Oh…just need to focus more…

No comments: