2/25/09

So close, yet so far...

"Some runners judge performance by whether they won or lost. Others define success or failure by how fast they ran. Only you can judge your performance. Avoid letting others sit in judgment of you." HAL HIGDON

So having 4 hours of sleep and a crazy day of running everywhere did not stop me from running. I needed it after this weekend and the pent up frustrations that I had from work.

Let's just put it this way where I enjoy running and the soothing aspects me to release all of my complaints and anger and what not away.

So I was deciding on either going up to Central Park or running my regular friday night route...it was cold when I returned home after work and the effort of just getting back out the door was pushing me to just stay home...but I needed the run.

I quickly put on all of my running clothes and basically went out the door. I decided with my motivation to just run the regular friday run of 10 miles and call it a day...

As I rounded out the east side, it was beautiful to see the classic lights on the Brooklyn Bridge. It was absolutely lovely to see and appreciate the decadence of just the pure beauty of night in NYC.

I rounded the bottom half of the Staten Island Ferry and went on my usual ways toward the Westside Highway of the usual downtown runs. Ifocused a little more of just keeping pace and seeing how I can pace at a 3:10 marathon pace, which I will be doing in Boston and in the New Jersey Marathon's...that is the ultimate goal...anywhere between 3:10:00 and 3:10:59. You will know you are a good pacer and runner if you can do that.

Anyways, so as I was getting off the west side highway, I ran straight up 10th ave towards 18th street, thinking I was going to run straight across...although that quickly changed as I continued up towards 23rd street. I then had a brilliant idea on snaking through going up and down the avenues from 14th to 23rd and back down, until reaching my apartment. You would think that itaks only 8 rows of streets, although there were many more included like Irving and park...but it was tough...my stomach was growling for food and as I was almost home 2 blocks away, the mind weakens and basically you have to train yourself to resist temptation and continue on with what your original goal was...

You have to astick with your guns and do what you set out to accomplish...yes, I come up with some of the craziest runs to keep my running mind occupied, but you have to roll with it.

At the end, I thought...You learn something about yourself, about others and about things in general on every run....

Embrace it, learn, love and live...

I was exhaused afterwards!!!

No comments: