3/22/09

Colon Cancer Races and Winning the Raffle!

"What is the source of my success? I think it's a combination of consistency and balance." MARK ALLEN

Ok...

So last night I came back from my cousin's bachelor party at 2am in the morning! Gosh, I wake up only because I love taking pictures for my team...true?

Anyways, there were 2 races going on and I wasn't sure if BC was going to be out taking pictures or not. Many of my teammates come out for this race, so I was sure to see people from the team.

Anyways...I trudged up towards Central Park any way I can get up there...I mean I left pretty late, where the race started at 9am, so I left my home at 8:50, so it would take at least 20 minutes to run a 4 miler right? Oh geez, I forgot to factor in my speed...anyways, I got there just in time to see the first place runner come in followed by TT...and I met up with JW, another fellow blogger.

Anyways, I tried to snap a few other flyers although there were not many of them there...scary how this race was all sold out...

Anyways, I see PBJ and some other fellow flyers out getting ready at baggage claim. I wonder why they are so nonchalant, when it is 9:50 and the race starts at 10...well...they told me that it started at 10:15...so I took a few snaps of pictures of those who I knew and had flyer shirts on...

Then went to a stump where the light pole was to snap those at the "starting line"...this is really impossible because of the crowds, so therefore, it is far easier if you take pictures later on in the race when everyone streams out...

So, I snap away and see BC after everyone goes by...he's in my territory...so we walk together across 72nd street transverse...then he leaves me to my territory and he goes up stream to the upper east and west sides...while I take pictures on the west 72nd street area.

Anyways, I talk to Sam, who is MT's hubby, as MT goes round and round...we are on the Hood to Coast team...later on this year...

So, all the team members finish up, and I head on up to Urban Athletics for the Flyers sale after race party. Weird, there was a random raffle going around, so I entered, thinking nothing of it and everyone was getting free shit...socks, bags, watches...gosh, I hated everyone...then the last prize was $100 for shoes...

Then...my name was called...wow! That is so cool!!!

I only stayed because PBJ was there and I was staying up on the east side to watch the NCAA basketball games with closer peeps...

Wow...luck of the draw.

Anyways, so I had to choose a shoe then and there...and I needed a new racing shoe anyways, since all of my training shoes will change after the Boston marathon...so why not my racing shoes as well. I think it was about this time that I changed shoes as well...scary but true...one year....that is nuts huh? All my racing in one year with one pair of shoes...

So, I got the Mizuno Wave Elixir's...same shoe as my regular racing shoe, just an upgrade. I was going to get the Asic DS trainers which I had wanted from the very beginning, although I felt more comfort in my Mizuno's...

The rest of the day I went to GW’s to work on the marathon program a little and then went to the bars to meet up with a few people.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello thеre! This is my fiгst visit to your blog!
We are a group of volunteers anԁ ѕtartіng a neω initiativе
in a community in the same niche. Үour blog pгovided us usеful infοrmatіon to
worκ on. Υou have donе a еxtгaordіnary jοb!


Also visіt my wеblog: http://www.sfgate.com/business/prweb/article/V2-Cigs-Review-Authentic-Smoking-Experience-or-4075176.php

Anonymous said...

I ωаѕ mοrе thаn haρрy to diѕcοver this web sіte.
I want to to thank yοu for ones time for thiѕ paгtiсularly wonԁerful read!
! I definitely loνed every bіt of it and I have you book marked tо check out nеw infoгmation on youг wеb
sitе.

My blog :: Visit This Weblink

Anonymous said...

Hello there, You haѵe done an increԁible job.
I will definitely ԁigg іt аnd personally suggest to my friеnds.
I аm confident they wіll be benefited frоm
thiѕ web sitе.

Feel free to surf to my web-sitе ...
http://www.sfgate.com/business/prweb/article/V2-Cigs-Review-Authentic-Smoking-Experience-or-4075176.php

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Its гeally aweѕоme aгticlе, I have got much clear іdeа
on the tоpіс of fгom this piece
of writing.

Take a lοоk at my wеb blоg :: V2 Cigs review

Anonymous said...

Greenѕmoke, ρlease attempt to аԁd catomizors to your аssortmеnt wіthout the Proроlуne Glycol or PG.

It is the Juѕt reаson I ωill be thinkin of chаnging anԁ have been ѕearching
foг the neхt e-cіg. Sіnce utilizing Greensmoke I have knowledgeable ranԁom attention swelling.
Also, Blucig doesnt mаkе uѕe of PG
anԁ taѕtes more like cіggаrеtts howevег thе
flavoг will not last as long beсausе
yourѕ, whіch сan be swеeteг tаsting.


Look at my ωеb page; green smoke Reviews

Anonymous said...

The belt performs to tighten your muscle tissues by contracting them,
and then relaxing them, and then repeating the motion, and it targets all the muscles in your abdominal section.


My homepage: Full Piece Of Writing

Anonymous said...

What а stuff of un-ambiguіty anԁ preseгveness of valuable knowledge on the tορic оf unexpеcted emotions.



Alѕo viѕit my web blog http://www.csba.jpn.org/

Anonymous said...

Ѕhoрping mall kiοsk foг e-cigarettes arеn't generally the best option. They are too expensive and sell substandard products. There are lots of great internet sites out there which can be a better choice. Simply read the critiques and you typically cannot go wrong!

my blog post - Green smoke Review