3/30/09

Cramped

"The way I see it, you have to view running time not as extra or wasted time, but as important, productive contemplation time." FRED LEBOW

Wow...

Lots of people at the usual Monday Night group, where everyone from DL, JG and ES were there! Awesome! DG joined in after his operation, so that was reassuring and CD was back from his honneymoon. ES and DL ran ahead, as CD wand I did our usual Monday Group Piers workout.

Wow was it windy...i'm guessing that this was the reason why it was so cold as many, I included were in shorts, although we wore long sleeves as well on top.

This morning as I was going to work the pain from my foot still hurt. It really feels as though I have either a pinched nerve, a stress fracture or something weird that has some shooting pain as I put pressure on it. It all started on Thursday of last week I think when I was going to the subway to Jersey...I thought it was just an uncomfortableness with my walking shoes instead of sneakers...

Anyways, I ran with it as the pain subsided a little. The more uncomfortable part was that I gainned a cramp. I think it was from running the pace with CD and the wind blowing straight at us, and my body not getting enought oxygen. So therefore the cramp...as I tried to hold it, stretch it out and even breath more deeply into it...allowing more oxygen into my body.

I had forgotten how painful it was to actually run with a cramp on the side. Aweful feeling...absolutely effecting me while I ran...

Although I was pretty much hyperventalating from the pace that we were moving at with CD as he told me all about his wedding and his honeymoon. Gosh, to wedding experiences...is the gods telling me something?

Anyways, as we went back on the piers the second time, the cramp finally released and I was back into running, although CD had a cramp in his hammy which slowed him down in the end.

As we were the last to show up at the end, which is really weird lately since we usually show up att he same amount of time before...the gals must be getting faster or something...

But yes, good old conversation afterwards with the entire group as it seemed like it was the first of the monthe for the monday group runs...

That's next week...

we (DG, JG and I walked on 14th street almost past 5th avenue and I was due back to my office...I should have just gone home...but it was good to just chat...haven't seen these boys in a long time...)

No comments: