3/27/09

Egg, bacon and milk run...

"Consistency requires discipline. Force yourself out the door." BOB GLOVER and SHELLY-LYNN FLORENCE GLOVER, The Competitive Runner's Handbook
Ok...
So I wake up at my cousin's place since this weekend is an all weekend stay for my cousin's wedding and we had the rehearsal dinner last night. I followed my cousin and his fiancée back to their place and slept on the couch. Weird thing was that I woke up in the middle of the night and totally switched sides...like reversal on the couch.

Anyways, I decided to make the married little couple some breakfast and recalled a ShopRite as we turned in last night...about a couple of blocks away...well...it was about a mile..

So, my cousin wakes up, I told him that I was going out and I confirm directions with him. I trek my way outside and it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL outside. Absolutely gorgeous, like the first days of spring!

So...I wind my way through and finally get around to the grocery store. Buy my items of eggs, bacon, croissant dough and milk...

Although, I am pretty skilled in carrying a bag while running, carrying a shopping bag? With eggs? This was never done before...I have always done this with a book bag, but never regular shopping bags.

So I take turns as I switch the bag handle from one right to left and vice versa. Finally I make it back to their apartment, slightly getting a little lost, but total mileage back and forth...3 miles. Yeah, that's the longest run I probably will have all week!

All good in the end...

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Wow they are so lucky to have a friend like you to make breakfast! Is that an actual pic of the food you made? If so, doubly lucky. After my wedding we just had leftovers from the caterers, which was awesome even cold (my mom found them onhttp://www.gatheringguide.com/ec/caterers.html and basically said we had to have them) but none of our guests volunteered to get up early and cook like you!