3/16/09

Worried about E...

"Success does not come to the most righteous and rigorously disciplined but to those who continue running." AMBY BURFOOT

Ok, usual Monday group run tonight was a bit on the warm end, but a bit on the cool end. So deciding what to wear was hard. I decided to be conservative and wear pants instead of shorts....but later thought differently. I also had a vest, sleeves and an Ireland GREEN t-shirt.

GO GREEN! That's for you AD as we were on the warm steps of the Sam Adam's brewery as she told me about the "GO GREEN" T-shirt she should have bought at Target...


Double meaning...yes am...yes!

Anyways, my Achilles got all torn up from the straps that the New Bedford people gave to us...uh...such a buggen to have these sharp edges...sort of like those slap on bracelets that they had back in the day that they found out had cut the kids wrists...

Anyways, back to the run. We started out slow and CW was on his honeymoon, so it was just me and E tonight. E told me that he had been hurtin' lately with a recent fall that he had pulled some kind of bodily muscle near his ribs? I don't know, although I recall him telling me on a pervious run that he had not fallen in a long time and in the past 3 weeks prior to that he had fallen 3 times...

Very crazy! Anyways, he told me that he went to the doctor and the doctor told him to go to see a cardiologist.

I remember my last time I had been in the cardiologist office was because I had been having these faint dizzy spells. The cardiologist hooked me up to an EKG machine and I also had a sonogram of my heart to see the flows and motions of my heart...pretty cool.

The outcome: yes, I have a heart murmur. One of my heart valves suck in and then push out…the flap is actually sucking too much over or is not covering enough. Weird huh? I got scared when the whole Ryan Shay thing came about because I am a runner with a heart condition. I mean it’s scary since we all rely on our hearts so much and things like this happen…do we have to get our hearts check out? We push and push and push ourselves to the very limits and we don’t ever know when to say when…

It’s really scary to find that we are the ones that are exercising…caring for our bodies and over obsess about our bodies a little too much where people who really don’t care about their bodies and don’t exercise are the ones that are not injured, no desires, may live longer than us and benefit in having more time…

Guess these are the things we deal with when we have “fun”…

Anyways, we run on the piers, run along the west side, when E tells me to go ahead...I do what I am told...but in my head I am thinking, wait a minute, should I turn back? should I not leave him? He told me that he was going slower, but should I run with him? I was really confuzed and I was really thinking of turning back at the winter garden...but didn't. I kept my eye out for E...but really didn't see a tall lengthy guy behind me...so when I passed the others I told them to look out for him...then at the end when I was rounding out my piers and waiting at the light, I see E...wheew! I am relieved...

I sprint on back and leave him in the dust as he tells me that he was ok...eh! a little worried that's all!

No comments: