4/16/09

STRETCH!!!

"I give my staff my running schedule six months in advance. God help them if they put something on top of it." Former Arkansas Governor MIKE HUCKABEE

Since I am not running, I am stretching out my body as much and as many times as possible.

When given the opportunity at any time, waiting for the subway, doing work at my desk, in the morning, evening, sleep...

Ok, you get the point...it's one of the only times now that I am really nervous about this run now...and usually this never happens this early!

What happened today and the reactions of going to work with a mohawk? Well...the office did not react that badly...boss, partners, co-workers...

The best/worst comment was asking if I was recruited to a Boy band...or if I had gone through a mid life crisis...but that went better than expected. I'm a human billboard for the Boston Marathon as everyone in my office knows that I run marathons...and now they all know that I am a little crazy! Well that was a given right?

Packing the rest of my stuff tonight as well as getting all of my gear and labels together. Though this time it is tough not knowing the exact weather: Rain, Sun, Hot? Cold?

Got to imprint my name onto my singlet, also the list of recognitions from those who have donated and some special recognitions as well...

I have just been embodied by all of this Alzheimer's, that it seems like everything just works...and I'm just getting really excited about everything from the Boston race to the NYC marathon.

4 days till Boston...
Tomorrow I leave for Boston at 8 am...

2 comments:

mLe said...

you have a mohawk now?? this i gotta see :P

Anonymous said...

pics or it didn't happen....xo
(Heidi)