4/12/09

Watch it…

"You feel good while you're running and you feel even better when you're finished." FRED LEBOW

So, yesterday according to my watch, I never ran! After the race, as I crossed the finish line and tried to stop my watch, I looked over and saw that my watch had already turned itself off. That is weird I had thought. I definitely started it at the starting line and checked my on pace categories as I was busting up some miles…although there was severe water damage to my watch. Ok, let it dry out and then see the damage.
I decided to do this and later on in the day I checked it again…no budge and now the settings are all screwed up…great! None of the buttons work…


Panic…ok, there was not really a panic, although what was I going to do for the marathon coming up?

I decided that that was yesterdays problems turn into today’s solutions.

Today after meeting up with JM, JG and CW, I decided to give Chinatown a try before heading up to Boston and having my things all screwed up. I would give it a go with my watchman who changes my watch battery for like $5…yes folks, I do love a bargain!

Anyways, I wobbled down (which is an entirely different story and definitely worries me). But I get to the watchmaker and he takes my watch, tells me to come back in 30 minutes for the watch to dry out. So I have some time and try to keep myself occupied for 30 minutes in SoHo…now I was in shorts and it was COLD! So, I had to go in and out of stores to keep my warmth and mind occupied.

Man! I didn’t need this right now. I didn’t need to spend money on another watch. I also didn’t need to go up to the Boston marathon to get my watch fixed and costing me another $100…great! These were all assumptions I have made, because I always think the worst of all situations and then I wouldn’t be disappointed…

30 minutes later…

I return to the watchmaker and he takes my watch, looks at it, takes out the battery…checks it. Takes out another battery from his storage and tests that out…Wow…Bonus…is it working? He punches a few things here and there and tells me that it was water damage, but to be careful next time and shows me where the leakage was. Wheew! Awesome…

He tells me to pay him $6…and I’m gladly giving him $6…

WHeew! That’s one problem fixed. Now, how do I get some new legs?

No comments: