5/6/09

The man sitting

So...since I got pooped on yesterday, I am now making it over to the better park and today was a gorgeous day. I always seem to go around in the chinatown region and tend to digress in memories as I stroll around.

Memories of my grandfather when I met up with my aunt from Holland and parent in Chinatown. My parents needed to go buy some vegetables, they left with me and my grandparents at the car...

My grandfather needed to go to the bathroom and he just bolted. Great! Was I suppose to go after him or was I suppose to stay with my grandmother? I stayed with my grandmother, at least my grandfather knew his way around (or so I had thought)...when my parents returned my grandfather was still gone...ok, my dad and I was to now go look for him. We were lucky as my grandfather was lost and we saw him going back and forth through the streets. It was cute...although scary at times to think about and it was probably the last impressionable memory I have of him.

I walk through the same steets and keep recollecting those memories whenever I am down there. It's just a moment, a memory...a thing to hold onto...

I walk to my usual park and sit down. I start to eat and start to analyse the people around me. There is an elder man sitting down, not even doing anything but staring into space. Space... He put's his hands over his face and looks as though he is in misery as well, but calm and proper. With thoughts of my grandfather and thoughts of just getting into the elderly ages of life...what is life? How do you live it up? What has that man seen in his days of life...how was he when he was younger?

Questions...questions of life...

No comments: