6/17/09

Doubler

"All men may not be brothers, but that's the way it feels after a marathon. You feel - you can't help but feel - that you all understand each other." Benjamin Cheever, Strides

Ok, so what is a runner to do with all this time on his hands?

Well, I woke up this morning wanting to go for a run. Well, not really wanting, but really a more motivational aspect of trying to trick myself in wanting to go out for a run and making myself get out. Motivation has pretty much stopped in my mind and the drive to even run is not there anymore. Lots of things have turned in my life and there is a saying where when it rains, it pours...and that is what my mind is pinned over now. Running, blogging, it all has pretty much subsided and anger and depression is slowly setting in.

As I go out to the East side, I figure what is right, what is wrong and many things are going through my mind. Where do I go from here, am I going to stay in NYC or go back to my parents place now that my situation is different...

I round out a regular lower Manhattan loop and it is quite warm, but cool due to this cold front at hand.
My legs feel fine although they had definitely taken a beating this weekend from Thursday to Sunday with no rest...legs need rest, especially since I have been doing so many marathons this first half of the year...

I round abouts to Park ave and then decide if I want to go up towards Grand Central to checkout the pricing on tickets in and out of the city...this will be a difficult decision on whether I want to look for a place or save a bit of money for one month or so in between periods...

I trek up then make a few selections at the ticket booth then make my ways home for a round 12 miler...no biggie.

Ok, go to work, to work on Alzheimer's stuff and then head to a Team for Kids practice after that as well...

Called a doubler, but why? I don't know....

I learn that the MTA has raised train prices by 10% which is wonderful...great, now I really have to crunch out the numbers and see what is possible.

As I walk to work though, I spot a group of people looking at someone, also there are photographers as well...I glance over and who do I see...well I wasn't sure if it was her or not, but I thought I saw Courtney Love...I later got confirmation that it was her....so wow, at least I am making the most out of this...

Go to work, work on Alzheimer's items and then Team for Kids in my second half...

My legs didn't feel that sore at all, really they felt as though I was floating on air a little and felt great and all warmed up! I ran up....met up with the many team for kids members and fell under taking the Experienced runners out for a paced run...

Ok, this is great, where is my group! They all mixed and matched as I felt as though I was pace leading for a marathon again...

I let others go and made a median of an 8:30 run...chatted with a few people, found out reason for even running as people were determined to finish their first marathon. I gave them a few tips here and there from what I knew about fund raising and let them know about different ideas...

Ahh....it's good. You feel as though you are giving back a little to the running community and that was my goal this year.

As I ran back home, things were coming together nicely, a long night awaited as I needed to get this training schedule all done for my meeting tomorrow with JL.

No comments: