6/22/09

Paragon interview

"A marathon is like life with its ups and downs, but once you've done it you feel that you can do anything." Anonymous

Woke up this morning thinking or wanting to run, but I had a running interview with Paragon today at 10am. Sucks, right in the middle of the day, but hoping that this interview would be ok. I had to wait for a while to actually wait for the guy that was late....great! ASS!
He had me fill out an application and then I had to wait for him again...then we went over my application and he told me that thing was not going to work. I was honest with him about my situation of the 6 weeks furlough period that scared him about the hours workded and knowing about the investment that they put in for the training...

He basically said that it would be a bad idea to hire me at this time and I wanted to know how much they paid...wow, I was shocked, but most of the money comes from compensation...still even that! Gosh, that sucks! But the running knowledge and running resume was probably the best they have seen....

UH! So frustrated after I had left. I was seriously really depressed and went home, ate lunch and wrote to JK wondering about the Runner's World connection for the Alzheimer's Association.

JK got back to me and I headed up to get the mags for the 50 members that we have for the team...amazing, still very amazing as I dropped the mags off at the Association.

Went back to my office and still pretty upset and depressed...as I finished up on the binder for the Run 2 Remember team. Ohh nelly, this should be interesting come Wednesday.

Monday group session, E and JG ran with me as we did piers...nothing really great of what happened, just that E is back in running mode...

Went home as I gave JL the binder information, I was inpressed that the association is now paying me for the coaching gig.

I put in dinner, waited and as I was awaiting, I talked to TPP, we chatted about how her program was going and how it her training was since she was a newbie. It was good, though I had never talked to her, only by e-mails...I had recenly caught up on her blogs as I had been seriously busy with other things this week...it was quite funny though as she helped me realized how a marathon, anything can happen.

She wrote to me telling me how KG, American icon and pretty gal, will win the Berlin Marathon. She even so highly thought of it as Sangria is in the mixes...but that was a hilarious conversation.

I told her that anything can happen, it is like picking the NCAA's winner during March Madness. You can pick anyone and seriously it's really how they feel that day and what they are going through...I told TPP that KG was not seasoned enough...give it another year...

To that we toast! As we await who shall win...

No comments: