6/4/09

No run, packing...

"It is important to keep the marathon in perspective. Running does not have to be the controlling element in your life, but if you become a marathon runner it probably will be, for a while." Marc Bloom, The Runner's Bible

So after I was allowed to leave from work, I stayed. I needed to finish up on some last minute NY Flyer's marathon training stuff and then work on some Alzheimer's Marathon Training stuff...

NYF- some minor adjustments where we had to change a few dates and correct a few items as well as a whole fiasco of politics within our club...boy, I feel like - am on the board yet again...I don't know how GW does this year after year and it amazes me about how much time it actually takes to set things up. It's actually pretty amazing that he only really cares about other people within the club and others for Team for Kids...

On the Alzheimer's standpoint, we received a file from the central office. On all the applicants that had applied for the Alzheimer's Association group showcases their application, which I need as a coach on where they are within the starting point of this marathon training. What kind of races they have ran before, how experienced of.a runner they are and their incentives to why running for the Alzheimer's Cause...

It was quite amazing to see all these people have family members with Alzheimer's or with Dimentia and wants to make a difference...

I left the office pretty late and thought I was going to return home and then run...I had not ran since Monday night and I needed a run! So I needed to quickly change and go out and back along the east side to and from the Staten Island Ferry...

I didn't go...I returned home too late thinking I could get out. It was 9pm and I had yet to eat dinner or pack up for my marathon, which I was leaving early tomorrow morning...

Opps! I have this whole drill of what I bring to marathons...certain clothes, over clothes, certain clothes after...it's a whole pack...crazy! I didn't even know what the weather would be like either...just bring along some items of clothing...doomed if it is cold...but made sure I brought a jacket (my free Steamboat Springs). We'll just have to wait and see now won't we...packed and ready to go...ate dinner and did not run....

I'm trying something that I have never done before, which is an actual taper...so fresh legs on Sunday morning.(Or rather broken legs, because the less I train, the more my injuries show over time)

We shall see...

No comments: