7/17/09

Early wake up!

If I am still standing at the end of the race, hit me with a board and knock me down, because that means I didn't run hard enough. Steve Jones, Welsh athlete and former marathon record holder

Wake up at 5:45am this morning to find that I had made a promise last night to JT. That was to wake up early and meet at the engineers gate to go out for a run.

So I got up, pretty much easy and put on my running shoes, clothes and any other gagets that I have...and pretty much out the door. It was pretty nice, but muggy and the moist air was like running in water. The sun was out and I just started to run up 1st ave. I made it up to 89th and then turned...up hill! Ok, let's go legs!

I met up with JT right on time as it took quite a while to get up there about 30 minutes for 2 miles? Is that right? Maybe not....

But anyways, we met up and I apologized for being "late" as I always like to be ontime but the whole NYC atmosphere is tough to do that with. We talked as we rounded around the park. It was muggly, wet and uh HOT! But it felt good to be out so early in the morning that I would love to do this daily!

We see PD around the bottom half as I am talking loudly and I am guessing he heard my voice...OPPS!


Anyways, we made it up towards 80th street and cut out of the park as JC lives around there....I took her home as we were rolling...

She is still on the fences about her marathon training as we discussed mostly about Hood to Coast and about life...

I ran home after and basically went across the street to get some liquids to recharge and get some breakfast in me....

Ahh! This is life! What a morning as I showered and snoozed back into bed...then more Alzheimers stuff to take care of!

No comments: