6/30/09

No workout...

"As we run, we become." Amby Burfoot, The Runner's Guide to the Meaning of Life

So what happened to being a half day for my part time job came out to being a, TBA and then cancelation for me to work. Ok, I can do this, but a little more timing fella's ok?

But I was in my office anyways yesterday and I had heard the news and buzz going around in the afternoon. 3 more people have been now put on the same situation as I am currently in, though I have endured 2 weeks and currently on my 3rd week, as they start a fresh 6 weeks. Some co-workers are shakened by this, while others take it in strife.

On the forefront, I got to do enough work on the Alzheimer's Association's organization factor. I was able to complete a training combination of members to miles to tracking down who did what in June based on their accounts from Flotracker. Many members of the inageral team are newbie runners, although I feel as though they maybe taking this marathon very lightly.

The mileage of the month is extremely low and I am fearful of members just not being able to reach that week of the twenty miler. Yes, you can go into a marathon doing an 18 miler, although you are really going to not have a "good time" emotionally and always going to think negatively about things. I am now understanding that people are just getting use to the whole 4-5 days of working out/running schedule, but I am just worried that's all of experience, emotion and time/effort, I just hope that July will be a much better month...

As far as we go...all systems go...still busy as hell, but the rain started to pour and thunderstorms were on the rise as huge grey skys blackened the skys...no group run, no run today...better luck tomorrow...

No comments: