7/25/09

Missed ST & practice LTR run...

"If you can't stay patient and hold your body back, you are going to get in trouble and suffer later. It's also hard because you know you're at the beginning of a long journey." Ryan Hall, 2008 U.S. Olympic Marathoner

Wasn't planning on running this morning due to the fact that I have been running so much everywhere, so was going to take a break....

Then I check my text message at 8am. ST had decided to text me asking if I was to run. Hmm...on the fences I think I had written to her. I couldn't make up my mind. Maybe what I told JT was true! Maybe really I am addicted to running and I couldn't say no to people.

Anyways, I was late if I was to meet up with the Saturday group. I made it about 8 minutes late and started to chase. Ok, I was at an ok speed, but still I would have seen them at this point. I still try to chase the group as I was trying to see where they were...

No prevail...ok, I definitely would have got them....was there a run today? I see JH early on, which meant that ST was somewhere in the park...

Ok, ST would not stand me up! Or would she?

I decided to do the run for the Marathon Training Program as a pre-trial, where I can get a jist of what is involved and if the mileage was correct.

It was a good thing I did, as I went down to 59th street, down towards 1st ave towards 34th street and turned outward toward the eastside river park. I had some complications when I reached the Staten Island Ferry, but made my way around the tourist and headed back up towards the West Side Highway...it was long and grueling and I was exhaused afterwards as I ended up at the transition zone for the NYC Tri tomorrow.

Just seeing the area was amazing and well the bike racks were all empty.

I walked/ran back towards the park and finished up towards home.

No comments: