7/1/09

Which pays more? Which is more important...

"Vary your training, your running partners, and your environment. Only your imagination limits the ways you can spice up your running routine." Bob Glover, The Runner's Handbook

For right now in my situation today came a day of reckonning. I had not been in contact with the Team for Kids Coach, FH. But had talked to him on Saturday when almost all of the Charity Groups were on the West Side Highway/Riverside Park, where he gave me word that they needed another coach and I had to have an interview.

Now, today I had taken a different route to work, as it is a new light on New York, where I have gotten a second chance in living here and I am making the most out of it. Granted I can take the subway to and from work, though I figured to save up and enjoy the summer while I can and make the most out of the city as people take for granted the scenery, the people and the life.

So...as I ran home the other day, it took 30 minutes, as I walked to my GS workplace on the west side, it took about an hour...this morning to my part time job, 45 minutes...

So each day is going to be a separate route, unless I take the subway, which I had to do tonight because I was starving and got out of work late...it's crazy!

Anyways, the dilemma? I could have told my part time work that I had a voluntary position that I needed to go to, which usually I would go to, due to the fact that if I made an obligation, I usually stick with it (where my word is usually true.) Although I have been mislead many of times in my life and I believe sometimes telling the truth is sometimes not the greatest thing in the world and a lie is somewhat far favorable, but usually my word is true in many ways...so I was geared up towards running tonight to help volunteer for Team for Kids, though I needed to make the right choice to help my part time job & let co-worker know that I was dedicated to this firm and I may be switching teams, if the situation and interests are viable, but we shall cross that bridge when we get there...

But yes, back to running, which did not happen today due to work. I need a full time job though and that should be first and foremost on my list. I am still on this furlough period, but does not have a clue on when we will return or if we do return...

So...job more important than running....strange, but true...and you have to do what you gotta do when times are tough. Part time jobs are important and getting any sort of cash available is an opportunity.
But, running aside, another day without training, which is fine with me...my legs are definitely tired and achy as I tend to break down a little more as I don't continuously run...pretty crazy huh?

No comments: