7/28/09

What gives?

What distinguishes those of us at the starting line from those of us on the couch is that we learn through running to take what the days gives us, what our body will allow us, and what our will can tolerate. John Bingham, running writer and speaker

A little insite into my life as I had not written about my layoff since i had been layed off on June 15th...it was a difficult time to even blog! But this was a message that I wrote to one of my friends updating her what is going on in my life!

I had been layed off from work on a furlough period that originally the duration was suppose to be for 6 weeks, where I was suppose to collect full unemployment from mid June to late July and start back up in August...since then, my 6 weeks have turned into 8 weeks and I will be going back hopefully in mid August.

What have I been doing since then? I have been taking on a part time architecture job that basically layed me off due to the economy/ not really the skill level they were looking for...although they totally were unorganized and had a problem with scheduling me in with a "use me when they wanted me" type attitude.

I have also been working as a head coach for two non-profit organizations: Alzheimers and Team for Kids...and have recently also been picking up this pace group with ING and NYRR.

My days are crazy as I often refer myself to having my legs pay the bills, as I am always running, which hopefully I can make it to the NYC marathon. But in all necessity, I was unsure if I had told you that this year it is all about helping others. Helping others in many different ways and I am definitely fulfilling that goal with all of these activities.

No comments: