7/18/09

Your shorts Brian...

Winning has nothing to do with racing. Most days don't have races anyway. Winning is about struggle and effort and optimism, and never, ever, ever giving up. Amby Burfoot, The Runner's Guide to the Meaning of Life

Woke up this morning with an agenda, where I was suppose to take pictures for all three teams of minr: the flyers, the alzheimers and team for kids...although I was suppose to get in some miles beforehand and wanted to do at least 12 before the race, though I woke up about 45 minutes after...

Opps! Ok, quickly get changed and got a banana and out the door...started to run...WHEN...

I started to feel something different. What the hell? Seriously why is my shorts inner lining part riding up my ass?

Seriously, I felt as though I was putting on a thong or something and my underwear was riding up my ass!

I look down...ok, that's the real reason. I had my shorts on backwards. Very funny! Seriously, I don't know where my mind has been...

I make it up to the park, run my usual 6 miles, then an extra loop around the lower loop, then I am observing. Ok., where are my alzheimers teammates?

I can't find them and search for other people like my Flyer teammates. So, I went to my usual spot on 72nd street, although TNT was there as they are a HUGE cheering section squad. I didn't want to compete as they were there for the Achilies race as well.

The race starts, I snap as many photos of the start as I could, because it is a 4 mile race it is tough for me to filter people from the start! It's just too bunched up and you just miss so many people! Anyways, first and foremost Alzheimers group, then the Flyers and then Team for Kids...

I ended up getting a bunch of photos of people as the crowd seemed like it never ended...then to the finishline. Gosh it seems as though I am swimming in water today it is that humid! Aweful! I got a few people from our Run 2 Remember team and looked more intently than ever at the finish...

I saw a few of my teammates and a few friends finish and then they got more and more difficult. I went to the end as groups were forming, and looked for my Alzheimer's team. JL was there as I found) as we tried to answer as many questions as possible that she had. We then met up with AE who also had a few questions.

Things are coming togther for our team as we wrote out our coaches e-mails, asking how the various members were doing. We reached out to all of our out of state members and most of our in city members, just conerned in how their training is going.

After the race when all was done, I went up to pull some weeds and help clean up Central Park, as Central Park turns 150? Wow!

Anyways, long morning...need a nap and yes, I did end up changing or re-arranging my shorts...after the race was over of course! Opps!

1 comment:

Mike Fox said...

Very funny about the shorts. I don't think I have ever done anything like that (I think the worst of it for me was leaving the house for a half marathon without "nipple tape" and having to hit a drug store on the way to purchase some).

I can't wait to get up to NYC and run with some of the other Run To Remember folks!!!