8/15/09

What could go wrong?

There is no "Y" in running. Believe in the run. Nike ad

I woke up this morning feeling like death...this is the first morning in two weeks that there was not a dog that had woken me up at 6am or earlier in the morning to go out for a walk...wheew!

But last night I came home late due to an unexpected deadline and getting things ready to go out early Monday morning...I had plans with my laundry, but that had to be deferred to the end of this weekend..due to me going to Boston this morning as well...hence me.waking up so early.

I had not packed at all and I needed to gather my things quickly, shower and move on...

Ok, out the door with the question of Run or not run in Boston? Uh! This is going to be such a low mileage weekend due to this wedding and trying to catch up with sleep...so, the answer?

Pack lightly and ditch running for a weekend and come back to do laundry...and then maybe a run...scary right? I know, it's a weird thing!

Anyways, walk towards 3rd and 51st to catch the E train and move towards the turnstilles...what do I find? Nothing! What the hell, I have been trying to go through for the longest time, sliding my card in THIS TURNSTILLE!

Ok, so I go to the ticket counter and the lady said that my card is invalid...WHAT? Seriously? I just used it yesterday I told her. I had about $20 on the card...

So she gives me this form and so on where I have to send in my card and have to get a new card...uh! Ok, fine...

So make my way towards the E train and what do I find...guys telling everyone who can't read the signs that there were no E trains...great...

So I make my way toward the 456 train and had to commute to 42nd street, cross town with the shuttle and make my ways by 123 (or taking the ACE, but didn't want to risk it) down towards 34th street where my fraternity brother was waiting for me...uh! What a shit show!

On to the bus to Boston...

And...no running...

2 comments:

JohnnyGo said...

No worries -- you just got the bad part of the day out of the way. It's all good from here!

Laura said...

Ugh, I've had both of those nightmares happen to me lately. Two weeks ago, my MetroCard was invalidated... and they say it takes 6-8 weeks before you get your money back. As for the E train, I posted on Saturday about how I missed my flight because of that nonsense. It sucked!