9/21/09

COLD WATER!

Most mistakes in a race are made in the first two minutes, perhaps in the very first minute.

Jack Daniels, Exercise Physiologist and Coach

Ok, get to work this morning wondering why there is so much darn traffic...why is 1st so busy this morning?

I jogged slowly as my legs were tired from this weekend's run of 40 + miles...two teams going into their prime marathon training? Yeah, not so fun and my legs are taking it's toll...

Can't wait till marathon training is tapering down to see how my legs recover for this race...

Anyways, got to work this morning it was semi chilly and before I went to take a shower, I had to put some items up on the ftp site for our consultants...

Did that and went to go shower as people were roaming in...

As I turned on the water, I turned it half and half...ok...this worked the other day...

What happened? Ok, go in and see what happens...so I went in, COLD...

Ok, swithced it both ways and never the less it did not turn hot at all...

So I went in...

COLD!

Nothing that wasn't too bad as I had experienced an ice bath before and it was good for my muscles and it was good to not spend a whole lot of time in the shower...

Ok, quickly go in, quickly come out... AHHHH!!!

Dunk your head in....dunk your head out!

Oh my gosh it is cold!!!

Crazyness!

Ok...done and over with...

Later on there was an e-mail that was sent out saying the hot water in both the male and female bathrooms were not working...

Thanks maintenance...thanks a whole lot!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Better than the day we got the following e-mail.

Subject: URGENT NOTIFICATION
Body: DO NOT flush toilets or urinals until further notice. The system is air bound and you will be soiled.

We couldn't use the restrooms for several hours - apparently if you flushed, it would all spray up at you like a geyser.