9/23/09

Thank You Liz Robbins

The man who can drive himself further once the effort gets painful is the man who will win.
Sir Roger Bannister, First athlete to run the mile in less than four minutes

Liz Robbins came into speak for the Alzheimer's Association tonight as many of the runners were excited to see a new face in the running community. Prestigious, runner and proclaimed writer from the New York Times, her book A Race like No Other is absolutely amazing and a quick read. It was great to have her speak with our group and I was lucky to have her as a good friend of mine to me to share this opportunity to my teammates.

Liz,

Thanks so much again for coming tonight. It was really special to all of my team members that you were there to answer all of their questions. With such a long training session of a marathon training program, I bet it was nice to see a fresh face to answer any of their questions that they had. They were inspired by your words and your grace.

I do appreciate you taking the time and coming in to talk about your book. I had not expected people to flock over and we really overly exceeded the amount that we had thought. (I had to graciously give up some of my purchased books that I had bought personally for my teammates...)

Overall, it was an amazing event. Again, thank you very much and I hope we didn't make you too, too late for your other plans.

Best,
Brian & Jeff

As well as the Alzheimer's Association and Team Run to Remember

No comments: