10/10/09

Dead poet's society...

So wake up after a long night at the bar with my lasting roommates, it was nice to just hang with my roommates (first at the apartment eating dinner and watching tv - the Yankees game) then off to the bars, where we chatted till I left at 1am.

Funny how I miss out on all the gals out there dressing all out and skimped out to impress. Boy do I miss out on all this adventure...all for running. Yup, in 5 hours, I have to wake up...that's all I am thinking...

Anyways, back to reality, where I am running out my door, catching my roommate coming back from her job and passing along my spare set of keys to her since she locked herself out of her room and our apartment. Strolled up to the park at 6am on a Saturday is quite spooky, and well you pretty much own the entire park to yourself!

Anyways, I did not want to run all the way around the park to 72nd (and was feeling LAZY) so, I cut through towards the band shell and on towards the 72nd street transverse...

So...going through all the statues of dead poets...it was like running past the dead poets society....crazy! So I had to go to Cherry Hill...where the hell is Cherry Hill? I have no clue...but I knew it was somewhere around 72nd street and kept running.

So turned left and saw other Team for Kids people...who were relying on me to know where things were and I just made a guestimation and was right...it was where we started for the underwear run.

So, I found the group and then greeted all the runners so they would know where Cherry Hill was. There was a huge turnout where at least 150 runners showed up. The runners stretched and got ready to rock and roll.

I started off with the 10-11 minute miles or rather the first group that was going to the Queensborough bridge. We followed our ways around the park as I ran with Jacks, who also has a blog and I wanted to make her blog...so I bugged her and ran with her... she escaped and ran faster. Who was I to catch her?

The course asked them to run to 59th street across and then back up to 60th street and onto the Queens borough Bridge.

As they went to 59th street, I made a short cut at 60th and continued to get ahead. I waited for everyone to make it to 60th street, then we went up to the bridge, I stayed at the foot of the bridge and climbed up to a beacon point. I waited for the rest of the paces, they slowly came and everyone was excited to see me and I took pictures as they came up and back.

As I was done with shift, I saw some TFKers at the starbucks doing the little tinkle...they were ok, and I made sure everything was great...

Ok, time to pack up...GW and I have to do a marathon up in Albany...
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: