10/14/09

Morning/night

There are as many ways to be successful as a distance runner as there are athletes. You have to develop a training schedule of your own. Craig Virgin, American distance runner

So, short side, this morning ran to work and instead of hitting cars, hitting mirrors or hitting small children, I ran into a garbage collector turning around with one of those waste pails and he had his back towards me, and I was coming up from behind him and then he turned without looking and was going to throw the trash...when I came up and...

Well...it didn't get me, but I could have seen the whole entire thing happen...

At night, I went to Team for Kids practice. I walked up there after work, where I was on a site visit and just decided to walk to practice. I changed into my running shoes at columbus circle and then continued to walked up. At Tavern on the Green, I could imagine myself 3 weeks later seeing myself finishing the NYC Marathon...

I changed in the bathroom and then people slowly arrived...people were huddled together, freezing! Uh! It's only getting colder now and some people...Van and Jacks were wearing their cool ass BLUE asics arm warmers...

Ok, I was seriously jealous because I only have the white and black ones and I think I need the classic Blue ones!

GW was there as he was congratulated for getting into Boston. He also told his story of stopping about 100 meters away from the finishline...I really don't like that story because I had to yell at him and it's not my greatest strong suit...he still thanked me and really it is nothing to it for me, I was just glad that he made it.

So the workout was the usual speedwork sessions of the lower loop...I was leading the 9 min group (which I have become accustommed to) and Claudia (C) was in that group... The running natzi as I call her....long story! Anyways, the fast group was ahead of us and there were a few fasties in our group but they just lingered ahead and never looked back! So we kept at a good pace, although somewhat fast...I stayed with C all the way as I was never to pass the invisible line that is kept at a consistant pace...

The night ended and I headed home...running days are quickly coming to a close as the NYC marathon slowly inches it's way closer...

Somewhat sad, somewhat happy...

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: