10/22/09

TFK- almost last practice...

Everything changed the day I understood that if I was to become a runner, I would have to run with the body I had. John Bingham, The Courage to Start
So running up to practice it was somewhat of an adventure...

My morning commute also attested to some objects flying into my eyes, as that was not fun in the morning...

Also checking the weather for marathon Sunday's forecast...ok, 10 days away...which does not look too good right now, but anything can happen!

So! Arrive up at practice and I chat with Jacs, just about how excited they are...it's always great to hear about their experience and the whole bit because they are excited, which starts to get you excited and then well...it's just pure excitement!

Anyways, I don't think they will ever understand that I am living their experience through their eyes...you always remember your first and you relive your experience through the newbies eyes...

speed work today was quarter's around the reservoir, although I was a group leader, I quickly found myself distracted while they were telling us the route (opps!), by two lovely ladies...

And well...one of the quarters turned out to being a sprint for a 1/2 mile...Sorry Jacs, I must have killed you on that one!

Anyways...completed two of the three sprint workouts and my group had nothing to do with me anymore...they should rest, it's all good!

So, finally got this costume thing that these "kids" are setting up for at the Poland Spring race...well, got my bottom part, an orange running skirt...

The sports bra and wig will come later...oh dear me!

Anyways...after todays workout, I followed the East siders: Claudia (pace nazi), V, Jac, Blondie & the Dimitrator...well some of us, went to go get pumpkin pie as FINALLY, I get invited to join the cool kids for "brunch"...

They are a great group of friends. Really, it's the people that make this whole experience worthwhile and every person that I have ran with...with Team for Kids has made my time worthwhile to run with all of these people...

They will do wonderfully on race day and they are amazing people.

I am just wondering if they even knew who they were or what they did before they joined TFK and before training / running in a marathon...

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: