10/13/09

Thoughts...

If you can train your mind for running, everything else will be easy. Amby Burfoot

There is something said about running…Some inspirational field that brings inspiration to us all…

If you get chills from this, well…so did I…

What I was going to write this morning was a little funny, where I almost got slammed by a person coming out of the driver’s seat near a hotel in Midtown. I should have known better than to have people see me when they get out of the car…so, I barely missed getting SLAMED! But got their driver’s mirror and roughed it up a little (it was no car…it was one of the SUV big presidential GNC/Tacoma vehicles)

So I said I was sorry for messing up their mirror and moved on…not really caring one bit, but thinking back I could have really gotten injured and this is the reason why you don’t run in streets or watch very carefully when you do…or sidewalks for that matter because a small kid who was on a scooter swerving in and out almost gotten run over by me on Thursday going up to speedwork…as well as at the same time a delivery boy turned over his bike into my leg and well…that kind of hurt as well…

So…why am I writing this before my write up from the marathon this weekend?

I have a whole lot on my mind again…thoughts of my grandfather always disturbs me. It really is something that is inspirational this year for me. Why am I helping out to help others? I think my grandfather would have done the same thing. Not just one grandfather, both. Although this weekend is the weekend that my grandfather passed away last year and I had been in severe pain.

Why do I run?

What am I running from?

I don’t know sometimes anymore. I sometimes know that I run for my grandmother. I run for the Alzheimer’s Association. I run for other’s, I run with other’s. I want and appreciate all that running has done for me and that is what I appreciate to help others in.

I run to clear my head from all the uncertainties in life and all the emotions that I hide.

I know…I smile a lot. I laugh a lot. I try to do this not because I am fake. But to think about the good, rather than the bad. But when the bad hits, it hits…and HARD.

This weekend will be hard. Hard for me and hard for my family. Thoughts still go through my head. The man that my grandfather was, the happiness that he brought to us…The thought really hits home…whenever I think about it…

But know in the end…life moves on…qualities of my grandfather are within me and I do it for him this year…to help others in all that I could give…

No comments: