10/21/09

Thump, ruffle, crunch!

There is nothing quite so gentle, deep, and irrational as our running—and nothing quite so savage, and so wild. Bernd Heinrich, Why We Run: A Natural History

Ok, so these were the sounds in which I was running on my way to work this morning as I brought a little more items to eat and put in my snack drawer. OK, I eat a whole lot (what are munchies? I consistantly eat from breakfast to lunch...is that good? I have no clue!)

Anyways, a big bag of tortilla blue chips and some other goodies like dried fruit, nuts and so on and so forth. All of this just rustled in my bag on the way to work as this clearly made my bag full and heavy. I am betting that my nag weighed about 5-7 pounds extra...

Anyways, also on the way to work this morning was another lady runner...wow, is it wrong that I was analysing her gait? How she moved when she ran? Anyways, I had to part with her for about 3 blocks into my run and it is always good to see other runners out there...

So work was work as my alzheimer's team had to finalize some stuff for marathon Sunday....gosh, just 12 more days left!

What to do!

Anyways, after work I worked my way up to Central Park as we had many of our Alzheimer's team there...it was rather sad as many wanted a group run during the weekend and wanted us to continue these group runs even after the marathon ends. Yes, that would highly be ideal, although we shall see who actually comes to these events...plus I am guessing that it will be after the winter time.

It was sad though "about to see everyone" leave and they have gone oh so far! It was amazing to see all the runners accomplish their goals and wanting more...

They will be back...it's always really exciting to see what their bodies and performances can do...it's amazing!

So after running with TA for the entire loop, it was a good run and I learn a bunch from other runners and talk things through....

Yes, I ran again after my Alzheimer's group totaling my run today to being 18 miles! I know...ST called me up as I had to make up lost time with her, since I have been so busy...so we met at 8ish...we did a loop and caught up ay a grueling pace as she ran me into the ground. I sped up at the end and put every lasting energy that I had in my body into the end...it was tough, and I was tired...

My body hates me right now...

Anyways, I called ST a preying manthis, in her gait and how she swings her arms...

It was hilarious!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: