11/12/09

Blown Away...

There are few instincts more natural than the body in full motion as it races across a field or through the trees.

Neal Bascomb, The Perfect Mile

This morning as I was getting all of my things together and just about to leave my apartment...
I can see one of the street sign getting blown back and forth by the wind...All I can think about is running in the COLD, windy cross town winds...frigidness!
Was I dressed up enough?
As soon as I got out, a big gust of wind blows into my face...brr...cold!
Great this is going to be quite the commute to work today...
Talking about commutes, I thought it was quite interesting just looking at the commuting patterns. Like usual people, usual New Yorkers would take the subway...or walk, or take the bus...
Those are all with people...strange? I'm by myself most of the time, although I usually share the road with buses, cars and bikers...in suits sometimes like today...
but yes, it's quite strange looking at people's walking patterns as well...seeing how they stop and go from the stop lights...clusters forming and stopping and going...
This is what I think about when I run...strange?
I get to work again...and yup! 3rd day in a row...NO HOT WATER! COLD SHOWER! AHHHH!!!
We get an e-mail from the HR department:
"We are aware it is a bit cool in the offices today. There was a gas leak with the building. Con Ed switched off the gas. The gas is what fires up our burners for the heat. As such: No heat or hot water. They are working on it fixing it
The building thanks us for our patience. Especially those of us sitting near a window…."
Well at least you didn't have to take a COLD SHOWER!
Looking forward to it tomorrow...WONDERFUL!

1 comment:

Mike Fox said...

Brian - Join a gym close to the office already. It will be worth it to have a warm shower when you need it!