11/13/09

No running...lucky 13

The more I thought about what I get to do, the less I realized I had to do. It was just a shift, just a new perspective, just a new and more grateful method for labeling the things in my life. Think about it—if you stopped yourself every single time you were about to say, "I have to" and changed it to "I get to," it might change your entire experience.

Kristin Armstrong, Mile Markers blog, runnersworld.com
Sometimes you just have to restrict yourself in the allowances of running. As I stayed in last night just reading the book, "anything for a T-shirt"...yes, I have been reading this book for about a year already and I barely get time to just settle.

Last night felt really good in a way where I did my own thing...it was nice to just stay in and enjoy my time. I had already ran home and it was quite a speed workout...but it was just really nice to just have my own time.

So this morning, it was cold and windy and I just didn't want to take another cold shower at work...and I was lazy of course, I just bit the bullet and changed for work at home. There is something about Friday's that just make people a little lazy and that's a good thing because you need that before the weekend.

I also have my glasses on today, making me resist the fact that I NEED to run...

Anyways, in the book it talks about how Fred Lebow was very fortunate to have the ability to run.

We do take our ability and our persona of running for granted sometimes. For many of us it is an outlet. This outlet allows us to cope...allows us to gain friendships, honor ourselves and bring about more of a healthier lifestyle.

I have taken running for granted this year and my abilities to run fast or slow...although I have justified this by helping others and making a job out of it...

But it is painstakingly taking it's toll and I know the factors involved with my body and the limitations that it may bring. I know that I am no superman, no machine that can run without limits...

There are always limits and that's where people get injured. Runners do not know how to say NO or STOP. We need rest. We need our bodies to repair ourselves....

It's the way of life...so hopefully I will get back to 2 days rest...we shall see!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: