11/19/09

Speedwork

If one has determination, then things will get done. Chinese Proverb

Ok...no, I don't do speedwork before a 37 miler as I had taken both today and tomorrow off in preparation for the Ultra marathon that I will be enduring.

It's very scary! I have to admit that it really feels as though I am doing my very first marathon. The nervousness before...whenever someone talks about it and well...it's the fear of the unknown...

I am guessing also that I want to do well...I have a little high expectations of myself and for the first time I guess, I don't feel comfortable in this situation, where in running I always have felt prepared and can enduring many things that I set forth to...

So...who's speedwork? Seals contacted me at work as I had no intentions of having speedwork coaching sessions. So...why not right?

I was unprepared for her, although she wanted the technical side of how she fan and I gave her the more indepth criticism as possible...she ran hard and did well...

It's hard to tell people items straight up of what you feel may help them or not...different people have different things that may effect them in running. No one is perfect. There is also no right or wrong way of doing things....

I mean, just look at Paula Radcliff....amazing runner, amazing gait (leg) but horrible posture while running...and she probably knows it...but it works for her and she is a machine, a champion, & a runner that I could never be!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: