11/11/09

To the vets...

Believe that you can run farther or faster. Believe that you're young enough, old enough, strong enough, and so on to accomplish everything you want to do. Don't let worn out beliefs stop you from moving beyond yourself.

John Bingham, "Tools and Rules," Runner's World

A bit breezy this morning for today's run as I had forgotten my bandanna and would regret it later on when sweat came down on my face...it was early on, where the wind was cool and I had thought I would be safe...

As I worked my way downtown I noticed a huge amount of barricades from the streets starting at 42nd street and 5th avenue?

What is going on?

Well, another damn parade in the city? Gosh, what's this one...

As I passed some floats, I was wondering what was going on today...especially today being a weekday and parades usually occur on weekends or at least Friday's...

Then I started seeing police officers and small planes and USO floats...

What was today? A holiday?

I was going to go ask a police officer on what the parade was...

Then I remembered...

Today is veteran's day!

Well, I salute you Vet's for your contribution and service...

Then I got into the office...and yet again, the boiler was broken and not fixed yet and had to take a COLD shower...it's like an vertical ice bath....

BRR!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: