12/29/09

Last run for 2009

So...I have yet to total my amount of runs, mileage and demographics of 2009...

But I made a deal with my body that I would totally relax and take some time off.

Today's Monday Group run was an exception, where I had to lead the group and make sure that everyone was ok. Granted we had JA there, but it's always good to have two leaders there, granted everyone that shows up is a veteran and knows the route.

It's cold out there and I had thought that I had put on enough clothes...the cold just doesn't get you...it's the wind that really kills you...we waited for the group to formulate...

6:55pm...ok people...seriously? Was it only me and C out tonight? Little by little people start to peep out of the woodwork...T...then D...then the two gals: A and J (regulars) and then JA...small group...

This happens every year when winter rolls around...the group starts to thin out and then when spring rolls around...the groups start to get larger...

This is what stinks about training for Boston though...the hard winter training...only when Spring rolls around, Boston usually brings out the very best...those primed and conditioned during the cold, winter months...

The group run started and did it's regular 6 mile loop...I started out fast, then when I hit battery park city, I started to slow down, did some running drills, felt some twinges and wait for the rest...I wanted to see if JA was bringing in the gals (sometimes they are super fast and sometimes they love taking their time...) So I wanted to stay with them to see if they were alright...once I got word that JA and T were pretty close to them...I sped up to see the speedy gals, D & C...

They must have taken a break or something because I seriously caught up to them. I rounded out the back as we lead up to the straight away and zoomed up...

I loved this part...why?

D takes this part so quickly that it's amazing what she can do...I await as she will soon be able to kick my butt in time and speed...I really love it when the speedy guys come out for this run...but add in the mix of gals? Ooo eye candy!

Ok...fine! She's a great friend and I respect really good gal runners...it makes running fast interesting...ok?

So, the back nine or straight away, she just rips it apart as I go up to her and ask her:

"Do you have anywhere important to go to?"

She replies:

"No...why?"

I reply:

"Oh, because you're going so damn fast!"

Then her reply was asking me:

"Well, do you have anywhere to go to? Cause your speeding up!"

Oh she got me good...as we sped up and left C out there...D was absolutely kicking...seriously, she was moving as I was about 75 to 80 percent of my speed on a training run...boy do I miss that when CD was out here kicking my butt every damn monday group run.

Anyways...group run ended...D was burning sh#t up and I ended up doing a little sprint drills afterwards while waiting for the rest...

All good...last run for the year...well, so I would think...I think I may have this speedwork class tomorrow and coach D on Wednesday on these bridge runner runs...

Oh boy! Guess I am back and in action...
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: