12/21/09

Monday night crew

This is what really matters: running. This is where I know where I am. Steve Jones, former marathon world record holder

So the regular monday night crew was out in a moderate full force last night. We had about 8 people who showed up, as I would have to say that it's a good amount of people for a cold winter night.

Attendance for group runs have really dwindled in numbers for our club, as we try to fix this...although the monday downtown group has kept a good Attendance (maybe due to the e-mails that go out, maybe because of the first monday run/bar social hour?)

Anyways, I have taken the reigns in DG's absence. It's hard to have that kind of commitment as group leader and for 2-3 years rocketman has done a great job.

The run was great, cold and windy. Although the gals were really tearing it up. I took it easy as I talked with PB&J.

It's been a while since I had been there as well, since I had all of these personal things to do: 60K, awards committee, hawaii marathon...let alone that I had been away for marathon pace leading with the ING cafe during the summer. So being back and getting back into it was very different.

After the run though, I decided to bring over some holiday cookies to rocketman and Jman.
Ended up talking to the Jman and C for quite a while, seeing there place with a newly installed kitchen and just chatted! After that, I needed to exchange cookies with Jos, as we had talked about baking earlier in the week...

Anyways...had trouble finding her apartment (I know, how difficult is it to find an apartment when you always dropped her off at her place during the summer) but that was light out! Anyways, I got all dishevelled (sp?) but finally found my place...

Then I walked home...and called it a night!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

Teamarcia said...

Just found your blog! Sounds like a fun night!