12/8/09

Original Hawaiian food

This is not about instant gratification. You have to work hard for it, sweat for it, give up sleeping in on Sunday mornings. Lauren Fessenden, marathoner

Wow...as soon as I got off the plane, I awaited for my sister to arrive. I was still famished from the time differential and it was 10 or 11pm back home and I hadn't eaten dinner yet...

My sister took me to this true Hawaiian place, a little run down local place which serves true hawaiian meals. It was so good!

The service was fast and the food was spectacular! We pretty much tried a little bit of this and a little bit of that...many of the locals also went into the joint as my sister looked to see what the true locals did with their meals...

I had forgotten how much my sister made me laugh, her actions are just so funny...it's quite hilarious and I guess that's what makes my family work. I have become more serious in many ways due to the seriousness of NYC and I guess the chill factor of how she is really impresses me.

Anyways, after eating all the good eats of local food, we ventured into a local supermarket and walked a round a bit. Oh man, it was just so weird seeing many of the local people from Hawaiian to Japanese, to polonesian to many mixes...the diversity really threw me off as the whole asian culture of a "melting pot" or mixed asian race really got to me...

We went back to her place and by this time I was thoroughly exhausted...passed out!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.