1/15/10

High expectations

Remember, the feeling you get from a good run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you were running. Sarah Condor

When I arrived in Arizona, JK told me that he had pretty high expectations for this race. I was astonished as I didn't have any expectations. He told me that he felt he could run a 3 hour marathon and expected to run with the 3 hour pace group...

Whooaa there! ok...sounds very much like a challenge now as I am never competitive and never during a marathon. Wonderful, the cool, collective leisurely race just went out the window...and now I was getting all juiced up for this race...I think I can't even run with him! The mentor becomes the mentee...(I only say this in the nicest way because I paced him during the Boston Marathon, to a very close 3:12 - not the time that he wanted...)

But damn, a 3 hour? Really? I am going to be working hard for this one, but really love that challenge.

He told me his preparation for the race as it sounded like he was very well prepared...so, I'll be following him...or maybe pacing again (leisurely working towards a 3:00-3:05) which in the back of my mind, I think I can do as a do able goal.

3 hours? Well...everything has to go right, as it seems maybe I can use the pace group to my advantage and stay with them or keep them in my sights to tear this rift and finally break this horrible wall of 3 hours...

Who knows...

Today: picking up another Alzheimer's friend: CH (as she will be doing the half marathon) and going to the expo...

Looks like our time in Arizona is just for chilling out and pure enjoyment before (instead of venturing around the city) so, whenever I am in the city, I'll spend it wisely...

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: