1/12/10

It's 11pm...

I really look forward to a hearty long slow run. You feel good while you're doing it, and get to feel good about yourself all day long after you're done. Jennifer Van Allen, Special Projects Editor, Runner's World
It's 11pm...do you know where your children are?

Ha! I use to love those commercials, although, it's no laughing matter when you have yet eaten and you probably spend all day working your butt off...

Quite scary actually, but oh well!

I started the day by e-mailing the Monday Group Run, as it is my job now to do so...heck I enjoy it...

But all work from there...

Then at lunch I was conferenced in for the Run to Remember coach and heads to discuss about how the year went and other factors for next year.

Then work again...till the monday group run, which it was cold, but I managed to do my long lost piers. The water was amazing tonight as there were icebergs or rather chuncks of ice just floating like a sea of mass...it was pretty amazing!

Did my pier workout, without a partner in crime...CD is gone and now house sitting with his new born child...we use to chat all the time as we pace each other and challenged one another on these monday runs...it only gets tougher alone...

I was hustling...I wanted to see how fast I could go and maintain my pace...it was tough, but mentally I gave myself a break at the turn around and then slowed to a comfortable pace, still maintaining my speed...and feeling comfortable...I had to tie my shoe and back and forth I went ahead, behind, then ahead of the front group...

I knew the straight away was ahead of me and I needed to maintain...just maintain, feel as though you are doing the marathon and focus...get use to focusing (eye on the prize)

Ok...I am really not use to this...focus...FOCUS! Ok, be comfortable and focus!

Yeah, harder than it looks...gosh, I am so much better at not focusing and just keeping my brain occupied...like pictures!

Anyways...it was a hard run...very hard run and I got back, completing a good tempo...it's not going to be one of those marathons coming Sunday...let's shoot for a 3:10 or under...3:05 would be nice and 3:02 would be better...

And...I won't even say it...you know it though...

Went back to work...and just getting back to my place now...eat & sleep...
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: