12/27/09

Bus...

We all have dreams. In order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline and effort. Jesse Owens

So...from now until the New Year...

NO RUNNING!

Well...I still have to do the Monday Group run, but as far as that is concerned...no other running activities after that.

I need to give my legs a rest, although I know that I have another marathon soon...which does not help at all...

Properly trained? Nope, but the chances of me grasping the sub 3 mark in Phoenix is pretty darn slim.
Anyways, I'm on the bus to go to New Jersey to see my Grandmother today, as my family is getting together for her Birthday...

I get teary eyed whenever things are spoken about that involves family and grandparents...I feel guilty in many ways whenever I do speak of my grandma because I don't get to see her that often...

My parents came to pick me up as I started walking towards this chinese store...and meet them half way, but really didn't make it that far...they drove me to the restaurant where I sat at the bar and just waited for my cousin, aunt and uncle and my grandmother to arrive.

It just feels good seeing my grandmother at times. It brings you back in life where you were young and didn't care much...that was then...about 20 years ago, probably when I was 8 years old...it's tough to think about...what is 10 years? What do we become in 20 years...

Many things change and it's scary...very scary.

My grandmother has this thing where she just continues to just eat...anything that is in front of her she will eat. At least she eats right? Some alzheimer's patience don't even eat and that's the bad stage...

But yes, it's been a while and yes, this is why I run, this is why I am still here in NY and this is why in many ways I fight...so hard and accomplishments are made...

After lunch was over, I tried to make the long trip back across the river on the LOCAL bus...uh and lincoln tunnel traffic from all the people coming back from Christmas travel...it was a rough commute back, but it was all worth my while because I got to see my grandmother...
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: