2/10/10

REALLY...SNOW?

I think there is no better way to invite a human being to view their body differently than by inviting them to be an athlete, by revering one's body as an instrument rather than just an ornament. It's a really great way to reorient how you see your body so you can see it as this incredible, awe-inspiring machine that you need to fuel well in order for it to function. Alanis Morissette, Singer/Actress

Ok, so last Friday was a fluke, where on Saturday morning we were suppost to receive snow...

Really, there was not a single flake of white...

So, everyone thought it was going to be the same today when they announced that a large storm was going to hit...

Was it going to miss us?

NOPE...today was pretty bad. I woke up, went to the window and there was SNOW falling from the sky. Oh well...at least they got it right this time.

Many offices (like one of my roommates) had a day off today...they didn't want their peers to risk the factors of accidents and brutal snowy conditions.

The NYC school systems also shut down today due to the incliment of weather. You can see a large change in todays commute as well, as many people were not going to work or going in late...and the subways were pretty sparse as well. There were empty seats all around where it is usually packed.

Ok, let's just hope that my business has the right mind to send us home early today...That would be sweet!

Running wise? I don't feel like my good old self lately. I had been pretty stupid not to take a little more time off after the marathon when I had a sickness of "flu like" symptoms and pushed my body forth in doing the Half Marathon after the marathon...then doing the Empire State Building Run Up a week after. My body is really not liking me at all...

So...this week, as in all weeks, I have given my body a break. I think I'll go for a run tonight...in the 8 inches of snow...

HA! ok...maybe...maybe not...we'll see.

No comments: