2/18/10

Reviewed...

The ability to make a man go beyond the point at which he thinks he is going to die. Franz Stampfl on what coaches need

So most of my day was still a blurred nothing. I kept myself occupied by learning a program called REVIT.

I was dressed up today...as I always do whenever I have a meeting. Usually I am dressed in a polo shirt or collared T-shirt because the temperature at work is just hot and cold. So everyone knew that I had some sort of meeting/review. I guess I bring drama into the office because everyone is all about my business (maybe because I got put on Furlough? Maybe because I was put on probation?) Everyone wants to know how this thing will go...well, there going to have to wait till 3pm...

At least I was put onto a project, which kept me occupied for the time being. Until 3pm, which I was waiting for both project managers to come...ok, maybe I'll go get them...

Bad decision. I forgot to read my e-mail correctly and it said my meeting was at 3:30.

Ok...when 3:30 rolled around, one of the partners was out of his office? What?!

Oh come on! I was so ready for my review...

The rest of the day was pretty much a blur. I just was super shocked about why they had put an alternate person, my existing project manager, who should have jumped in, although I was not sure why she did not review me because she knows me far better than the partner.

Something is definitely up.

I mean ok folks, it's far better to get a really bad review than no review at all with the PARTNER not even showing up to your review. This is one of the largest diss's (slap in the face?) that I have ever encountered and I feel really small right now.

I needed to get away after the whole incident. So what else do I do best do get around things?

1 comment:

Laura said...

Try not to take it to heart! I think it's far more likely that the partner got really busy and wasn't paying attention to his Outlook calendar than any kind of intentional dis. Some people can be so focused and self-centered, and I've found that partners are the WORST about just not showing up for meetings and making you conform to their whims/schedule.