3/9/10

Brooks: Inspired Daily (ID) Program

The thinking must be done first, before training begins. Peter Coe, Father of Olympic Gold Medalist Sebastian Coe

So...why the new change in the blog website? Why is Brooks and the NY Flyer logo next to one another?

I have not told many people about this, but here it comes...

I am now "sponsored" by Brooks!

I know, I know...so many people are being sponsored these days, but still it brings about a presence for myself and my running career.

For me at first though, I wanted to make sure that things were right and ok. What I mean by this is that I had trouble seeing if my other teams and their "athletic" gear would conflict with this. Ultimately, the charity groups that I represented meant more to me than anything else...and I believe that since I do represent (coach) other teams, this is what got me into this program...not my times, not my presence, not my persona.

Ultimately, I am humbled by them choosing me as I hope to commit and become a better person by this. I fully enjoy the aura of running and what it embodies, but have to honor what is in my heart. This is working with my charity groups and caring/bringing people to just run...and maybe, just maybe love running.

As I have said many of times, this year has brought me something that is priceless. Ultimately if I do not get a sub 3, I would be ok with that. I love the sport, love competition, love goals, but if I don't get something...I know I have tried my best to reach it...

I am going to be running Boston this year with different intentions that I have ran last year...last year was to help people, care about others and reach out...this year is similar, but different for this race. This race is for me, myself...and to reach one goal...to hit a sub 3...pressure, yes, there is pressure. It's a mental wall, like me trying to qualify for Boston countless amounts of times before, but I got though that wall and I can get through this wall as well...

Anyways...Buy Brooks!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

3 comments:

jb24 said...

Congrats! I had no idea you were sponsored. If Brooks came in wider sizes, I would try out their sneakers. Therefore, I am a New Balance man myself. Best of luck trying to break 3 in Boston this year. I'll be cheering for you in spirit.

Laura said...

Congratulations!!! That's great news :)

nyflygirl said...

congrats! brooks is very cool :)