3/10/10

Running to catch the rabbit...

Act like a horse. Be dumb. Just run. Jumbo Elliot, Track and Field Coach

Got off work today feeling pretty pissed off at my Ex PM. Life has been difficult for me at work and I have been trying to get off this so called "probation" period that they made up. I was not too pleased, but now...I just go in and get out. No iffs, and's, or but's about it, seriously!

But that is worth another blog post as I changed, threw in my after run clothes and soon was out the door to go run a regular loop around the park.

I guess in hind sight, I didn't reset my pedometer, so it continued my calculations from whatever I did on Sunday back from the park...probably a slower 1/2 mile. So I couldn't get my pace that I was on last night...

So I was going to meet up with D at Niketown, since she went with the Nike runners and I wanted to do a regular run for 6 + miles...I literally raced around Central Park like I was chasing a rabbit...

Ok, maybe not that fast, but I was hustling and I was getting use to the whole factor of running with my backpack on...since it is getting warmer and I will again choose to pick that option and run to work to save some money (since we arrive at the same time "give or take" 10 minutes)

But yes...we were suppose to meet at 7 at Niketown...I had thought D was going to run with Jen...and I saw Jen pass me by in the park as I screamed out to her (but really could not hear a response) I didn't see D with her, so I had thought that D had changed her plans to meet somewhere else, so I finished up my loop, gave her a call and no response...ok, I'll wait and change at Niketown.

Changed...and waited...

30 minutes pass by and finally D shows...she changes and we get out of Niketown pretty quickly...by this point it is 8 and I did my speedy workout for my own sake, but I stretched as I was waiting.

So we quickly picked up some food along the way and then went to the movie theater to watch: Alice and the Wonderland in 3D IMAX!

Oh it was good...sooo good!

After, well...it was D's birthday in 30 minutes after we got out...so we walked down 34th street and we saw the Empire State Building...

So we went up to the 102nd floor, which was the first time that I had been there? Maybe not, but I think so. And stayed up there...2 architects, watching the world go round and listening to the quiet city at midnight to the early morning of the day...

What a night!

Oh and I thought I had lost my credit card when I purchased the Empire State Building...so D went back...and right when I was going up to the escalators...D was already on...I pulled it out...and d was going up...

It was funny...
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: